Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The wait

The wait has gone pretty fast, which I am not too surprised.  Between chasing an almost 3 year old, working full-time and my husband ending up in the hospital unexpectedly, it has been a whirlwind.  I also planned ahead and orchestrated it all so that a girl's weekend away I planned with 10 other mom friends fell this past weekend which also helped pass the time.

Tomorrow is my quantitative hcg blood draw.  I have not peed on a stick yet.  I have learned my lesson that it really just messes with my head.  I am planning to do a home test though tomorrow morning before going for my blood draw-  just to prepare me.  Tomorrow is 9dp5dt, so based on my experiences with our fresh IVF#1 and FET #1 I am pretty confident tomorrow's peestick will give me info.

In the symptom department I absolutely feel pregnant.  I know enough though to know that the estrogen and progesterone can exactly mimic these symptoms.  I have felt nauseous (exactly like I did when pregnant with my daughter), ravenously hungry, moody, extra sensitive, sometimes bloated.  Of course, non of this means much due to the cocktail of hormones I am on, but in the meantime it plays with my head.

The hard part about tomorrow is that in the world of infertility there really are only two answers tomorrow-  it is either No, you are not pregnant or Maybe you are pregnant-  meaning pregnant at the moment, but wait and see.  Grrr.. So much waiting.

Today I feel pretty calm.  I am glad there is only one more sleep before finding out how this part of our story will go.

2 comments:

  1. Great description of the this particular type of wait. Wishing you all the best with the results and what lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete