Tuesday, May 10, 2011

15 weeks

How Far Along? 15 weeks 

Maternity Clothes? Yep. But still wear one pair of non-maternity jeans.  I am also desperate for new bras but haven't had the time/energy to go buy some.  I just might burn the sports bra I have been living in.

Weight Gain? Far more than I had planned.  And it baffles me.  But since feeling better I'm have really been focusing on good nutrition and more activity.

Stretch Marks? No

Sleep? Still waking up once a night to pee, but I am getting used to it.  I never thought I was a back sleeper, but now I am realizing how frequently I end up on my back.  Trying to break that habit.

Best Moment of the Week?  Seeing the husband gush with joy every single day;  he is just bursting at the seams.

Movement? No; But I am trying really really hard to pay attention and watch for it.

Food Cravings?  I still crave random things at random times, but am starting again to eat closer to what is normal for me.

Gender?  Will know in 25 more weeks (give or take), if all goes as planned

What I miss?  This week I can honestly say I miss nothing.

Symptoms:  In desperation, I started taking zyr.tec for my allergies/sinus stuff which I think was exacerbating my nausea.  As it turns out, I've since learned that antihistamines are often used as anti-nausea medicine as well.  All I can say is it has been heaven!  I have felt great, perfect, wonderful since the day I started taking it.  Less sinus discomfort and NO nausea.  Granted, I'm in the 2nd trimester so that is probably some of the reason for feeling better as well. But I am SO grateful to be feeling better.   Beyond grateful.

What I'm looking forward to?   Walking more and more.  I've started adding this into my daily routine for a bit of exercise.  I am so out of shape (!) but taking it slowly.

Weekly Wisdom:  I think so often of what life was like during the 1st trimester, and I just wish I could go back in time and give me, the "1st trimester me", a huge  hug, and let me know that I was going to be okay.  And to remind "me" to not be so hard on myself for how I thought I thought I should be feeling. I felt so much guilt for not feeling connected to this kid, and I second guessed my self so many times through that really long waiting period. 

Milestones: 15 weeks is a number I never even thought about.  I had so many "milestones" etched in my head-  all revolving around and within the first trimester.  I never envisioned 15!  And it feels great to be here. It boggles my mind that next week I will be 4 months.

Emotions: Joy and Gratitude, over and over again.  Simple as that.

2 comments:

  1. OMG your weekly wisdom KILLED me! That is SO where I'm at right now, being hard on myself for not feeling a stronger connection, kicking myself about how I SHOULD be feeling. (btw, my therapist calls that "Shoulding all over yourself")

    Sorry for rambling. YAY 15 weeks! So fricken excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, fabulous that we share a due date! I am so happy to start following you!

    ReplyDelete