Monday, May 2, 2011

14 weeks- The Storm begins to Calm

How Far Along? 14 weeks 

Maternity Clothes? Yep. Have one pair of non-maternity jeans, but probably the last week I can wear them.  Shirts I am still in between.

Weight Gain? Not sure

Stretch Marks? No

Sleep? Still waking up once a night to pee, but I am getting used to it.

Best Moment of the Week?  Not having fear or anxiety at all this week about this pregnancy.

Movement? No

Food Cravings? I'm still grumpy about my nausea and food aversions so this question will go unanswered.

Gender? My chiropractor says he can tell from signs my body gives during my appointment as to the gender of the kid.  He has written his guess in my chart to be revealed after baby is born to see if he is right.  He says he has been accurate over 75% of the time.

What I miss? Not much this week. 

Symptoms:  Nausea, oh how I dislike thee, it was really really bad again this week.  I finally started taking a daily allergy medicine (after consulting with my doctor) to try to get my sinus yuck under control and I think it is helping.  Which means my sinuses are feeling better and with less post nasal drip my stomach is not getting so nauseous.  Hopefully this trend continues.

What I'm looking forward to?  My thick midsection starting to look more round and pregnant.  Relief from my sinus yuck.  Spring weather.

Weekly Wisdom:  This too will pass.  Always a good thing to remind myself that all of the tough stuff in life is temporary. 

Milestones: End of first trimester according to some books.  (I personally celebrated last week as the end.)

Emotions:  Feeling like my love for this kid is starting to overflow after a long season of holding back.  Other than that, feeling oddly calm (never thought I would say that. Ever!)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the second trimester and your new sense of calm! Praying it will come more and more easily. This is really happening!!! :)

    ReplyDelete