Saturday, April 30, 2011

From DH's perspective- Out of the Woods


At 13weeks4days, here is a writing excerpt from DH

Out of the Woods- 4/30/11
We’re officially out of the woods now
as far as science tells us—
past the first trimester.
and I have seen your little fingers and toes
and one leg kicking wildly
as you tossed and turned
a somersault
in you mother’s belly

but I have been talking to you
through the thin wall of skin, muscle, blood and fluid
that separates us
my voice must sound to you
like the wax-coated string
and tin can telephone conversations
I had with my friends as a kid
But you are my baby
As sure as I am your poppa

I love and adore you
without so much as the knowledge
of your being a boy or a girl,
and without you even having a name.

my heart sings and dances
a Spanish love song
with each little wiggle and leg kick
that you make
each tiny, thumb sucking, body-stretching moment
that I know that you exist.

4 comments:

  1. Love poetry (especially ones that don't rhyme!)!!! *SWOON*

    Come on over to my blog tomorrow afternoon! I'll be revealing my baby's gender. I know you're waiting until yours is born which is SO cool! I think if I had one of each gender I would want to be surprised. There's something absolutely special in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and so beautiful. Love these thoughts from your hubby's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet, he's got a talent there =)

    ReplyDelete