Wednesday, June 1, 2011

18 Weeks (and 1 day)

How Far Along? 18 weeks 1day (this last week has gone by sooo fast)!

Maternity Clothes? I packed away the last of my non-maternity work pants this week. There was one pair of jeans I was still wearing- bye bye for now. Shirts- I'm still a bit in between, but maternity shirts are becoming more comfortable day by day.

Weight Gain? Not sure.

Stretch Marks? No

Sleep? Fine. I am finding still though that I like sleeping on my back too much. Trying to break the habit.

Best Moment of the Week? Hearing the heartbeat at my midwife appointment. Handmade baby hat from dear co-worker. Dinner out with some very dear IF blogger friends.

Movement? Though I felt a gentle pop or two that MAY have been something. But haven't felt it since then. Jury is still out though..could be imagining it.

Food Cravings? Nothing really. Just working on eating healthily now that I feel better.

Gender? Next week is the anatomy scan, and we are going to try hard to NOT find out the gender. And I am actually a bit surprised that I am not even the least bit tempted to find out. Kinda strange actually.

What I miss? Wearing my wedding ring. Fingers got bloaty really soon, and rings have been off more days than they've been on. Sad.

Symptoms: Headaches. Otherwise, feeling good this whole week which I think is a first that I've felt good for an entire week at a time. So glad.

What I'm looking forward to? Maternity leave. Ha! I know it is a long ways away. But I think it is going to fly by. The month of June I am traveling for work almost the whole month. July has a huge project and looming deadline. And then only two more months of full time work (Aug & Sept), then October I plan to cut back to part-time. And then I am due. CRAZY!

Weekly Wisdom: Mind is blank this week.

Milestones: First baby gift. And people at work (who know me and know my news) openly talking about my belly and pregnancy. It was fun this week to share in that.

Emotions: Relief to have heard the heartbeat. I feel like the anxiety has vanished again. Hoping it doesn't creep back in.

1 comment:

  1. wow!!! you have come along way!! I have not heard my a heartbeat! I can not wait until that moment! I can not believe you do not want to know the gender. I wish i was like that...but I really want to know.

    ReplyDelete