Friday, June 24, 2011

21 weeks (Belated update)

How Far Along? 21 weeks (actually 21 weeks 3 days, and I didn't post at 20 weeks so this will capture two weeks+ worth of updates)

Maternity Clothes? Yes. And my shopping spree several weeks ago is serving me well. Choosing clothes in the morning is no longer as fretful.

Weight Gain? 18.5; Still far more than I had planned, but I only gained 1 pound in the last 2 1/2 weeks and that included a two week vacation during that time, so I will take that as a success)

Stretch Marks? No

Sleep? Good. No complaints.

Best Moment of the Week? Exploring other countries with DH while on a part business/part vacation trip and dreaming about what it will be like in the future with kid in tow.

Movement? Just this past week I felt what I am 99% sure is some pokes and jabs. Every day now, at least once a day I am feeling the same sensation and am 99% sure it is not related to gas or digestion or any other bodily function.

Food Cravings? Seltzer water; Never really liked it pre-pregnancy now I crave it.

Gender? Waiting to be surprised.

What I miss? Can't really think of anything.

Symptoms: None. This last several weeks has been almost unbelievable how uneventful it has been. We were traveling for most of it- which meant jet lag, lots of being on my feet, lots and lots of walking, long days, eating outside normal routine- and I haven't had a single ache or pain, digestive system has been great, and was not feeling overly tired. It is almost hard to believe how good I have felt. I did have two times in which there was the faintest amount of spotting when I wiped. It did send me into a bit of a panic, but haven't had any thing sense. I'm chalking it up to overdoing it, and will talk to midwife about it.

What I'm looking forward to? Maternity leave. After having been away from the office for two weeks traveling, I thought it would give me enough of a break to feel better about my job. But instead it has me looking forward all the more to my 4 month (or permanent?!) maternity leave from this job.

Weekly Wisdom: Use discretion when listening to anyone who thinks they are being helpful by telling you a labor and delivery horror story. Most likely they are not being helpful.

Milestones: Feeling movement;

Emotions: Have had a few times when I was irrationally emotional. Which I can accept as par for the course, except that I didn't realize I was overreacting until AFTER I had acted like a doofus for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment