Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm back and still pregnant

DH and I just returned from a two week, 3 country whirlwind trip. The majority of the trip was work related for me, but DH tagged along and we added some vacation time to the end of the trip. It was a wonderful trip. (Sorry for going quiet on my blog, I thought I would post some while I was traveling, but didn't get the time to do so)

This was the third and final business trip that has been on my radar ever since IVF came into the picture. As we started planning for IVF, and subsequently got pregnant from it, I have been counting and re-counting the weeks on the calendar to see where this trip would fall IF we were pregnant. I proceeded to plan all three work trips, despite all the unknowns of whether or not I would get pregnant, whether or not there would be complications, whether or not we'd need to be scheduling a second IVF cycle, etc. So as each trip came and went, there was a certain amount of relief that washed over me as I returned each time- in awe that I was still pregnant.

The first trip was a one night overnight trip and my first time flying while pregnant. I was 14 weeks pregnant.

The second trip was a full week away at a conference when I was 18 weeks.

And this last trip, while I was 19-21 weeks is the third and final work trip on the calendar.

And I am still pregnant. With no blirbs, glitches, or anything noteworthy of concern. It has been uneventful.

It is still hard to comprehend how smoothly it has gone. I don't take it for granted at all. I know far too well how quickly all that can change.

But for today, at 21 weeks and 3 days, I am still pregnant and in awe. Not to mention grateful that my work trips are now all behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment