Friday, September 11, 2009

If all goes as planned... the countdown

This week I returned from being out of the country for almost three weeks. This trip originally wasn't supposed to happen, I was supposed to be too far along in my pregnancy to go on this trip, but you know how that worked out. It was a research trip for my nonprofit with a lot of time also spent with family and friends in-country and I have to say it was a fabulous time and time well spent. And now I am back and it is September. How did that happen.

And if all goes as planned...
AF will come in 3-4 days and I will start the blood work-ups at the clinic that I never had a chance to do (because of travel plans this summer.)

And if all goes as planned...
I will meet with our new replacement RE (hopefully new and improved?) in just 7 days from now.

And if all goes as planned....
In about 2 1/2 weeks we will be doing our first IUI.

ONLY 2 1/2 weeks away. I have a mix of emotions. Feels so soon and also like I have waited forever. I hope that it turns out to be less expensive than planned. I hope that I like the new RE. I hope I respond to everything the way I am supposed to. I hope that this is the right path to pursue.

I've given myself (in my mind) the next three cycles - pretty much the remainder of 2009- to dedicate to IUIs and then.... and then, I don't know what. But I don't know if I'll persue any more medical intervention. Of course, this could all change after talking more with the RE and seeing how things go, but! But, this is as much hope and energy (and finances) as I can and am willing to muster.

So "Greetings September"- you are here at last. We'll see if it all goes as planned.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    I hope you are happy with your new RE and all goes smoothly and as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are safely back home! Praying all will go as planned in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete