Monday, October 31, 2011

MIdwife Appointment @ 39 weeks 6 days

I didn't have many questions today at my midwife appointment and lately these weekly appointments have been pretty boring as we are all pretty much waiting.  My blood pressure has been perfect all pregnancy, not much swelling, heartbeat has been strong, baby is head down and has stayed that way, our midwives don't really do cervical dilation exams-  so it has just been a waiting game.  I report on my symptoms, all which are normal.

But I love that it is time for me to just talk about the baby and the birth and get to know them and they get to know me.  I love all my midwives and really can't say that I have a preference which one I end up getting at the birth.

Today was helpful for a couple of reasons.

She explained that my extreme exhaustion is probably due to shifting hormones that are gearing up.  I had started feeling like maybe it was because I wasn't eating well enough, or because I had gotten lax on taking my iron supplement.  but she said it is normal which was reassuring to hear.

She also said that my increased milky vaginal discharge was normal and probably my mucous plug starting to deteriorate.  She said that not everyone will know when it is gone as it can just disingrate over time which I also appreciated learning. 

The underside of my belly has been excruciatingly sore lately- ligaments or muscles down there.  I'm fine with I am laying still or sitting still but walking, rolling over, standing/sitting are SO tender.  OOOooo!  She assured me it is normal which even though the knowledge of that doesn't provide me with relief from the pain, ut always feels like a weight off my shoulders to know that it is well within the norm.   I feel like I can cope with it better knowing that it is just part of the process in some pregnancies.

And she reminded me what dear blog friends reminded me on my last post-  and that is that this is sacred time to just take care of me and to take each day for what it is.  It is so true, and I was so so moved by the comments left on my last post.  Everything was exactly what I needed to be reminded of. Again, one of the many reasons this blog community means so much to me.

So, I'm off to take a nap, and then not sure-  but just enjoying not having an agenda to my day today. 


2 comments:

  1. It's almost time to meet your little bundle of joy!! I'm so happy for you! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete