Tuesday, April 5, 2011

10 Week- Update

How Far Along? 10weeks

Maternity Clothes? Two words- Bel.la Band. My world is a better place. It is actually the Tar.get brand, not sure what their brand is called. But it is making my waistline so much more comfortable. In non-maternity bottoms, I have 2 work pants, 2 jeans, and then some lounge pants that still fit, so I am doing so-so on clothes, but the band will help me get a bit more time out of what I have left for pants. I also ordered a ton of maternity bottoms on line (still hard for me to admit that- the whole jinxing fear). I don't plan to keep all of them, but need options to try on as it is hard to find the right size for me. I ordered a variety of brands, sizes, and styles. Now, just waiting on trusty USPS to deliver them to my door.

Weight Gain? 5 lb. Several of you have had some great comments to help me put this in perspective. I am doing okay with it and pleased with that number so far. I am starting to trust that once I feel better I'll be able to regain some of my healthier eating habits. As my midwife said- "Hon, the first trimester is just about surviving. You're doing well."

Stretch Marks? No

Sleep? My nightly 4am wake up, is now more like 530am now, and then I can't get back to sleep. All in all, no major complaints though.

Best Moment of the Week? Reading to DH from a website that details what is happening with the growth and development of the kid at this stage. He was in awe. It was one of those perfect moments.

Movement? No

Food Cravings? Aversions are still very strong. And I am eating foods that are not my norm. Still have limited tolerance for talking about food or being in a grocery store. But it is all quite a bit less intense and more manageable than before.

Gender? We don't plan to find out the gender prior to the kid's arrival

What I miss? Having energy. Eating green vegetables.

Symptoms: Nausea comes and goes. Sense of smell is strong. Heartburn now and then. The girls don't really hurt at all and don't feel heavy and full anymore (insert freak-out moment). Waistline is getting thick. I have days when I feel great, but then I'll have moments or days in which the nausea comes in waves. Even though it is bad at times now, it is SO much more manageable than before- it really puts into perspective how miserable I really felt those first several weeks. Really rough stuff.

What I'm looking forward to? U/S on Friday (at 10wk3days). Also looking forward to starting to tell people our news (not for a couple more weeks, but it feels like it is getting closer fast).

Weekly Wisdom: 10 weeks goes by SO quickly and SO amazingly slow, all at the same time.

Milestones: Double frickin' digits. I am at 10 weeks pregnant. The big 1-0. Amazing. Also buying a bel.la band and shopping in the maternity clothes section was a milestone.

Emotions: Had a few days that I felt like I was having a near anxiety attack, mostly triggered by noticing my bo.obs didn't hurt anymore, etc. I had flashbacks to our ultrasounds in which all we saw was an empty sac. But then I had a few days where the end of the day came and I realized I hadn't felt fear or anxiety at all during the day. I still don't feel as much joy as I hoped I would, but being patient with myself knowing that will come as the fear subsides.

3 comments:

  1. Yea for ten weeks, double digits! You are almost out of the first trimester! I so agree with you on things going so slow and so fast all at the same time. The target one is called the be-band, and I could never get used to it. I'm not sure if I was wearing it wrong, but I couldn't get used to my pants being unzipped and knowing someone might see it. Try not to worry about your breasts hurting. Mine never really hurt much at all ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to be excited when you're fearing the worst. And having miscarriages takes away your innocence when it comes to subsequent pregnancies; I have been there having had two miscarriages myself! It is totally normal for symptoms to fluctuate (my breasts don't really hurt when pregnant, maybe every now and again, for example) especially as you get closer to the second trimester. You probably know all of this in your head but it isn't computing to your heart.

    Anyway just wanting to send some E-Love and can't wait to hear a great update on Friday from your sonogram. I was always SO nervous before mine after having had miscarriages and then the immense relief when I saw all was well is just indescribable. I hope this sonogram gives you that joy so you can let go of the fear fully.

    And do NOT feel badly if you don't feel so excited. It is a natural reaction because you love your baby so much and you want to protect your heart if something happens.

    ReplyDelete