Tuesday, April 19, 2011

12 weeks

How Far Along? 12 weeks

Maternity Clothes? Some pants, although they are still big.  And a few of my non-maternity are still "ok" but clock is tickin'.  My favorite part of the day is my over sized flannel pj bottoms when i get home from work.

Weight Gain? Don't know this week.

Stretch Marks? No

Sleep? Still waking up and peeing around 3-5am.  Which wouldn't be too bad, but I am finding it impossible to fall back asleep again.  It's getting a bit old.

Best Moment of the Week? Telling a group of my girl friends via email and also sharing the news with my co-workers.


Movement? No

Food Cravings? Jam.ba juice.  I've gone three times this week. :)

Gender? We don't plan to find out the gender prior to the kid's arrival

What I miss? Sleep and Sinuses that don't hurt, it was a bit rough this week in that regard.

Symptoms: Still have food aversions and picky taste buds.  Still waves of nausea.  When it comes, it hits hard, but have days when I feel somewhat normal, so that is nice.  My sinuses are a mess.  Still really tired, but I think it might be due to my sinuses as much as anything else. My lower back has started to be pretty sore. Occasionally I'll get some heartburn. That's the laundry list in a nutshell.

What I'm looking forward to?  Hopefully my sinuses will clear up soon. (Fingers crossed).  And I am also looking forward to my next midwife appointment on Monday.  Can't believe it has been nearly 4 weeks already since my last appt.

Weekly Wisdom: Letting others share in our joy will not jinx this pregnancy.

Milestones: I know there are different opinions about when the end of the first trimester.  Some say 12, some say 13, some say 14 (which I don't like that answer at all).  So I am going to celebrate the end of the first trimester twice- once today and again next week. Another milestone is that we registered for our birth class.  It doesn't start until end of August, but the classes fill up quick. 

Emotions:  Definitely felt more relaxed and more at peace than any other week in this pregnancy.  The fear and panic creeps in still, but I'm starting to feel myself believing this one will stick around.

1 comment:

  1. What a positive post.

    So happy for you, my dear! I know it will remain a challenge to believe in this pregnancy business, but I will rejoice in the day when it's a bit easier.

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete